We are now accepting resumes for a full-time Shipping & Receiving Technician to join the DYE team! If this sounds like you, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
POSITION TITLE: Shipping & Receiving Technician
DEPARTMENT: DYE Paintball-Shipping and Receiving
REPORTS TO : General Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
SUPERVISION GIVEN: None
POSITION SUMMARY: The Shipping / Receiving / Driver will be required to package finished goods, receive finished and raw goods as well as drive to and from vendors and customer’s places of business occasionally. This position will also be required to assist with manual assembly, debur and re-work operations as necessary. Additional day-to-day activity will include organizing, managing, and accounting for inventory within the warehouse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Not intended to be all-inclusive)
General responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Handle finished goods with caution and care while preparing and packaging for shipping
- Associate must be able to read and follow written procedures, prints, and specifications as outlined by internal documentation.
- Associate should have some basic math skills and the ability to read and write English
- Required to follow the Driving Policy, as well as adhere to all State and Federal driving laws.
- Select the appropriate items, packaging, and materials to be used in preparation of shipping.
- Interact internally with all levels of company employees. Interact externally with the public, customers, suppliers, and vendors.
- High School Diploma, some college is a plus!
- 24+ months experience in shipping/receiving
- Forklift certification helpful but not necessary
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
- Valid driver’s license needed, with no record of disqualifying actions.
- Forklift certified
- Ability to perform well under pressure, while treating others with respect and consideration.
- Accept responsibility for own actions; follow through on commitments.
- Ability to deal with frequent changes or delays.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion; problem solving.
FAMILIARITY WITH THE FOLLOWNG SOFTWARE:
- UPS/FedEx; Microsoft Outlook; Microsoft Internet Explorer; Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Word, Goggle Business Suite. Starship, and Sage100 experience is a plus.
- Mechanical — Basic hand tool knowledge.
- Mathematics — Basic knowledge.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Active Listening — Give full attention to what other people are saying.
- Speaking — Talk to others to convey information effectively.
- Time Management — Manage one's own time and the time of others.
- Critical Thinking — Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Reading Comprehension — Understand written sentences in work related documents.
- Writing — Communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Interpersonal skills – to include a positive attitude, being proactive, a strong sense of self-motivation, pride, accountability, and responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Requires self-direction, tact, diplomacy, and a clear, courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff inside and outside of the department.
- The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Excellent manual dexterity and good interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Dependability — On time, reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work.
- Innovation —Alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems.
Work is performed in a warehouse environment – may be hot or cold, depending on the outside weather. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours per day, if necessary. Must be able to perform repetitive activities, reaching, grasping, bending and kneeling in the completion of various jobs. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.'
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Starting $16.00 - $17.00 per hour